Experiment: Circle

This is not a tutorial, but i consider it as my experiment-process to backup my experimental work in Gimp.

This experiment is based on Fabio Sasso from ABDUZEEDO tutorial called Crazy Cool Vectors in Illustrator and Photoshop.

He has created a tutorial showing how to create that effect using Illustrator and Photoshop. You can see it HERE.


I try to made something like that in Gimp..and this is my result, I know that it does not look exactly as the result in Fabio tutorial,but it's pretty close..:)


1. I have a black background layer and a white circle at the second layer.
Then, at the circle layer i apply Render>Clouds>Different Clouds.I use 4 for the Detail, Randomize and Tileable for the value.



2. Then i duplicate the circle layer. I named it as circle 2. Using the Scale tool, i resize the duplicate layer a bit smaller and i change the layer mode to Screen.


3. Then i just repeat what i did in the previous step to all the other circles.


4. The next step is hide the black background and i merge visible the all the circle layer.



5. Then i create a circle and fill it with black for the color and align it in the center of the other circles.



6. Colorize the circle
I created a new layer above the circle layer and i fill it with some gradient color. Change the Blend Mode to Overlay. Duplicate the circle and i change the layer mode to Screen and position the new group next to the other but let a part of it over the other circle. That will create a nice blend mode to the circle.




Some other result made by me using the same technique.

hypnotic v3

hypnotic v1

I've included the XCF file for you to use. Click HERE to download it.

2 Responses to "Experiment: Circle"

Amuro Ray VV said... December 30, 2008 at 10:46 AM

Goodone starlight

AzmIe_(",) said... December 30, 2008 at 9:52 PM

salam, meh ambik award ... http://muhamadazmi.blogspot.com/2008/12/got-award-3.html

Post a Comment

Type your comment here, I'll try my best, to reply!