ENJOY AND CHEERS!
Before you try this tutorial,please download my trapezium brush where i made it by myself. You can download the brush by click HERE. After download it, paste the brush to Gimp folder.
1. Create a new document. I use 1600x1200.Fill the background with blackcolour.
2. Select the brush tool. and I'll using my Trapezium brush.Now let's edit the brush, to do that go to the brush dynamic options and for the values use the image below. I'll use white color for the brush.
3. Apply the brush.The best thing is play with the brush..
4. Then select the Rotate tool. Dont forget to tick the 15 degrees box. Then rotate the shape layer to 135 degree.
5. Then,create a new layer and apply the brush again.Repeat step 4(rotate it).
move it to the shape layer..
6. Create another layer and i'll named it gradient. Select Full Saturation Spectrum Gradient , 100 for the opacity and Linear for the shape.
7. Apply the gradient tool and set the layer mod to overlay.
8. Create another layer.I'll add some bubble effect there. Select the brush tool. and I'll using my bokeh brush. Click here to download it.(if you have done my Awesome Bokeh Effect in Gimp it's the same brush and you don't need to download it).Use white color for the brush.Then Select brush dynamic options and for the values use the image below.
9.Apply the bokeh brush..like the image below..
I also included the Xcf file.
Click here to download the Xcf file used for this tutorial